Timmins man charged follow pursuit of stolen vehicle
A Timmins resident is facing numerous charges following an incident that occurred during the evening hours of Saturday, November 11, 2017.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., police received a report of a stolen vehicle. Police located the vehicle in question at approximately 10:20 p.m., and attempted to affect a traffic stop. The driver of the vehicle fled from police, and a suspect apprehension pursuit was initiated, however the pursuit was quickly discontinued in the interest of public safety.
The vehicle and driver were later located, with the assistance of the Ontario Provincial Police, in the area of Highway 655 and Guiho Road. The vehicle had been set on fire.
The accused was placed under arrest, and a subsequent search revealed a concealed weapon.
Justin BERTRAND, 27, of Timmins faces charges of:
- Motor Vehicle Theft
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000
- Arson – Damage to Property
- Flight from a Peace Officer
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Carry a Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
- Possession of a Schedule I substance
Bertrand was held pending a bail hearing scheduled for today, November 13, 2017.