Hearst, Ontario | In the morning of November 16, 2018, Hearst Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and the OPP Canine Unit executed a search warrant at a residence on Denis Street in the Town of Hearst, Ontario.
Officers seized a firearm, Canadian currency, as well as controlled substances suspected to be Methamphetamine and Cocaine, all with the combined estimated street value of approximately $10,000.
45-year-old Marc Peck, of Hearst, Ontario, has been arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine contrary to section 5(2) CDSA;
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition contrary to section 86(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC);
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition contrary to section 92(2) CC;
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) CC
- Two counts of Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order contrary to section 117.01(1) CC.
He has been held for a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cochrane, Ontario, on November 26, 2018.