How to enable user registration in Shopify
How to enable Login/Registration
Login/Registration feature is inbuilt within our templates. If it doesn’t appear in the front-end by default, perform the following steps:
- Open website’s admin panel.
- Navigate to the Settings> Checkout> Customer Accounts.
- Select ‘Accounts are required’. Enable Multipass Login feature if required (this is optional).
- Click ‘Save’ on top to update the changes.
Get back to the site’s admin panel to check the results. Login/Registration option is now available for the site.
How to edit the form
If you’d like to customize the form after its activation, files should be modified:
- Navigate to Online store> Themes> Edit HTML/CSS tab.
- Use quick search to locate customers/register.liquid file. It is usually located under the ‘Templates’ section. The file contains code for the form fields and its available options. Update the form via current online code editor.
- If you have custom template for the registration, click ‘Add a new template button’. Select ‘customers/register’ in the drop-down list, type template name. Then press ‘Create Template’ button to apply the change.