How can I change the nameservers for my domain at Namecheap.com?
To change the nameservers for your domain, do the following:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click the Manage button next to your domain:
3. Find the Nameservers section and select your preferred option from the drop-down menu. Click on the green checkmark to save the changes:
You can choose from five possible options:
- Namecheap BasicDNS – if you wish to point your domain to our default nameservers (v2):
- Namecheap BackupDNS – if you wish to point your domain to our default nameservers (v1):
- Namecheap Web Hosting DNS – if you have a shared hosting plan with us and wish to point your domain to our hosting nameservers:
[highlight bgcolor=”#DDFF99″ txtcolor=”#000″]Nameserver changes do not propagate instantly. Once your nameservers are changed, it may take up to 24 hours (more, in rare cases) for local ISPs to update their DNS caches so that everyone can see your website. [/highlight]