His house demolished without warning: “It hurts me and it does not stop to hurt”

News

The nightmare of a resident of Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac continues, he who saw his mobile home be destroyed by the authorities without first being warned.

The residence located near the site of the initial breach in the dam and which had been washed away by force of water over a hundred feet was demolished “urgently” by the authorities Thursday noon.

Its owner is still in shock, shared between anger and sadness.

“I was at a meeting to get my famous” yellow paper “and have my permission to come back to the house […]. I come here and I see this pile of garbage: my life is here! I’m trying to understand, “said Daniel Alix in an interview Friday with TVA Nouvelles, his voice tied by emotion.

“Why was not I warned to come and get my things? Why? It’s inexplicable. It is intolerable, “said the victim, who says that several objects were” recoverable “in his home, including works of art that had been placed high up, and valuables.

“What was the pressure on that?” He asked, saying that he understood the need to clear the way, but that the authorities could have given him time to pick up the things he cared about.

“It’s a total loss, we know, but there are still things that were recoverable,” he repeated.

Mr. Alix attributes the situation to incompetence. “When you play in the memories of people like that … Everyone tells me, Daniel, it’s unacceptable, it’s unacceptable. I’m trying to say, well, OK, OK, but it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, and it keeps hurting. “

“It’s been a lot of blows in the space of two weeks, our lives are taking us elsewhere,” said Alix.

“All I got was my father’s wallet. It’s stupid, “he said, sobbing.

Asked by TVA Nouvelles, the construction site manager for the floods in Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Jean Doré, mentioned an emergency demolition for work.

“We were forced to sacrifice this residence for a very, very specific need,” he said.

For her part, Mayor Sonia Paulus said she had “no idea” of what happened. “We are doing our internal investigation and we will see more,” she said.

On Friday, the municipal administration was therefore unable to offer compensation to Mr. Alix for the damages he suffered.

On the night of the break in the dike, on April 27, Daniel Alix, whose mobile home was very close to the dike, had to evacuate very quickly, carrying with him only the clothes he wore.

“I left with just what I had on my back. I had the time to remove my pickup, I had time to remove my jeep, then I left for dinner. […] The next morning, there was 5 feet of water in the house. Worse, after that, I learned that my house had moved, and after that I learn that my house was demolished without my knowledge. “

Facebook Comments